New Year celebrations across Karachi saw 11 people injured due to aerial firing.
The people who were injured have been identified as:
- Rahul Pervez, 28, resident of Saddar. He was admitted to Jinnah hospital.
- Nouman, 30, admitted to Jinnah hospital.
- Amjad, 22, injured in DHA Phase VII.
- Areeba, 22, injured in Federal B Area’s Block 16.
- 12-year-old Amna Baneem Sajjad injured in Gulshan-e-Iqbal’s Block 4. She was moved to Aga Khan Hospital.
- Shakeelur Rehman, 35, injured in Korangi. He is being treated at Abbasi Shaheed Hospital.
- Mateeullah, 55, injured in Pirabad’s Qasba Colony.
- 18-year-old Hina received a gunshot wound to her face. She is a resident of Buffer Zone’s Sector 16-A.
The Sindh government had imposed a ban on aerial firing and pillion riding from the night of December 31 to morning of January 1, 2020.