The objectives of the position are to support the MEL Manager and Specialist to develop and manage an MEL framework; to assess the performance of the AFGP and of grantees against the MEL framework using standardized systems and methodologies; and to ensure the objectivity, transparency and impartiality of all MEL tasks.
The Senior MEL Officer (Assistant Manager) will support the MEL Manager to:
- Help train, assist and guide grantees in developing grant project MEL frameworks with clearly defined goals, activities, indicators and means of verification
- Implement a regular schedule of visits to grant project sites throughout Pakistan to monitor grantees’ implementation of grant projects
- Generate reports about each monitoring visit and contribute to AFGP monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
- Ensure that all monitoring visit report data are entered accurately, completely and on time into the AFGP GMIS
- Help maintain quality standards set for processing of milestones
- Manage time-sensitive tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Conduct Pre-award Programmatic Assessments (PPAs) of the applicant organizations
- Identify grant project “success stories” and “case studies”
- Record innovations and learnings from the program to develop knowledge management base
- Contribute to Communities of Practice and other grantees experience-sharing practices
- Perform any other job task as assigned
- Master’s Degree required
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience directly related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs
- Experience developing and implementing MEL Plans and tools
- Skilled with computer systems, including Microsoft Office; knowledge of database systems desirable
- Willingness to travel outside of Islamabad
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English and Urdu, both spoken and written, and highly articulate
- Committed to an inclusive, tolerant and mutually-supportive working environment
How to Apply
Cover Letter is a mandatory part of your application. Please submit your job application with Cover Letter and Resume as one document (Ms Word or PDF format)”. The last date for submitting application is May 19, 2019.
For application and more information, Click Here
TDEA is an equal opportunity employer –women, minorities, physically disabled/wheel chair users, the blind/visually impaired, speech and hearing impaired and/or persons with any other disabilities who otherwise qualify for the position are encouraged to apply. TDEA provides accessible work environment to its disabled employees through reasonable accommodations without compromising on the quality of work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Interviews. Any attempt to influence the hiring process will lead to immediate disqualification of the candidate.